When you purchase a vehicle wrap you want to maximize the return on your investment. This is endless advertising after your wrap is installed, which is awesome for your business. However, maximizing your return on investment means more than just showcasing your vehicle.
What do we mean by this statement? Well, taking care of your vehicle wrap is a huge part of maximizing your ROI. After all, this is your company brand that is plastered all of your vehicle. This needs a fresh clean look, which can extend the life of these wraps.
It’s amazing to see how many vehicle wraps on the road that are not being taken care of. It is very simple to maintain these wraps, although many people tend to put this on the back burner. Did you know that if properly taken care of, your vehicle wrap can last a solid 5 to 7 years? That is a long time for your vehicle to look fresh, even paint tends to fade before this.
We wrap everything from cars, trucks, vans, motorcycles, trailers, semis and boats, but in the end they all need the same proper care to maintain their look. It is very important to clean them and preserve your wraps for years to come.
For most Indianapolis companies, the vehicles that do get wrapped are cared for by your staff. Do they know how to care for them after they are in their possession? You have to keep in mind, this is your brand that they are driving around. It would be a disservice to your company to have a dirty and or scratched up wrap driving around the city. Many staff will take great care of them and pride in their company. While others may not consider the vehicle theirs or they may not know how to care for them. Others may not even realize the wraps are dirty.
Give your staff a guide on how to clean the vehicle. Sometimes people are just unaware of how to take care of them and would be proactive with instruction.
Here are a few tips to keep your vehicle wrap maintained:
- Keep your wrapped vehicle clean, wash it once a week or more if it is exposed
- Try to park under a shaded area if the vehicle will be exposed for a long period of time.
- If you can keep this vehicle in a garage when it rains, sleets and or in extreme cold.
- Clean bird droppings, dirt, and difficult stains quickly. Letting them sit may cause damage to wrap and difficulty to remove after a long period of time passes.
- Do not power wash your wrap.
- Hand washing is best, however if you do bring it through a car wash, only go to an automated brushless car wash. We suggest hand washing because it is safer and more thorough.
- Wipe off oil and fuel spills as quickly by hand washing the area as best you can.
Think of the big investment you’ve made in your vehicle wrap and how important this is to display your brand. Your business receives endless advertising through this wrap, therefore it is important to make it look great and for a long period of time. If you have any questions on how to maintain your vehicle wrap, we would be glad to help. Feel free to give Shadow Graphix a call or shoot us a message via our contact form. We look forward to hearing from you.